Roll Up, Roll Up!
15/03/2013 § Leave a comment
I really enjoyed doing my milk and two sugars post yesterday. So much so I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about was what sweet treat I could have with my morning coffee! I didn’t have very much time today and was in a bit of a rush, so after a little bit of thinking it came to me. Quick, easy to make and simply delicious, cinnamon roll ups!
These crispy, gooey centred roll ups are a lovely little snack to have, no matter what time of the day. In the morning before work with a little jam, or after dinner with some vanilla ice cream! This recipe is VERY simple and is just the basic version. You can completely make this recipe your own, by adding your favourite mixed dried fruit before folding, or a selection of finely chopped nuts. You could place a cube of chocolate in the centre before cooking, or glaze with warmed apricot jam. Whatever you fancy really.
So here is the recipe!
- 250g packet of all butter puff pastry
- 40g granulated sugar
- 15g light brown sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon
- some melted butter for brushing
- Firstly lay out the puff pastry sheet on a clean surface. Cut length ways through the middle, then divide into even squares. For each square cut through it diagonally to get 2 triangles. You should end up with 12 little triangles.
- Mix together both sugars and the cinnamon. Brush each triangle with melted butter then sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Take the longest edge of the triangle and roll it to the point on the other side. Repeat for all the triangles.
- Place them on a large baking tray covered in greaseproof paper and pop them in the oven at 200c until they just turn golden. If you prefer, you can place them under a medium grill until they turn brown and golden. Either way works fine.
- Take them out and allow to cool on a wire rack until just warm. Serve how ever you want!
Like I said, easy, quick and truly delicious. Go on, satisfy your sweet tooth!